After Erik saw the last post of himself in the kitchen, he got really excited and ran into his room to set the table. As you can see, he really laid out a feast for us.
He even gave a pot holder to Elizabeth so that she could "help cook".

On Monday Erik made me proud. :-) He was in the kitchen playing with his Word Whammer which he received for Easter. Admittedly it was trying to get him to spell the word "cod". . . kind of a weird word for a child's toy. . . but other than that. . . . Erik very deliberately picked up the letters M, then O, then M and put them in.
Then he said "mama, look. . . M, O, M (as he pushed the letters). . . that says mom. . . that's you!" Yeah! I could hardly believe it. It's kind of fun that Erik said "dada" as his first word, but the first word he learned to spell was "mom".
And last but not least, yesterday I walk into the room to find that Erik has built a sidewalk.
Nothing terribly unusual about this as it is one of his favorite activities to line up cars, books, couch cushions, or what ever else he thinks of and call it either a sidewalk or a gate. Erik says "look mama a sidewalk. . . go to temple . . . get married!" How sweet--Erik built a sidewalk to the temple. :-) Apparently Erik had actually listened to our Family Home Evening lesson about temples and families the night before. Of course he is a little young to be thinking about marriage!Anyway, lest you think that Erik is a boy who only spends his days talking about going to the temple and spelling words. . . If you look at the picture of the sidewalk you may wonder "Where did Erik get those nice boards for his sidewalk?" Good question. Well, it turns out that there is a bookcase in Erik's room with all of his toys. Or, at least it used to have toys, and shelves, on it. . . The next question that may come to mind is "where was I during all of this?" Another good question. I was in the other room feeding Elizabeth thinking "Isn't it nice when Erik plays quietly by himself?" Obviously my first red flag should have been "quietly". How quickly I forget that QUIET = TROUBLE. It is actually quite amazing how quietly and efficiently Erik emptied and dismantled the bookshelf. We are sill looking for 3 of the pegs that hold up the shelfs. But at least the shelves went to a good (temple) cause. . .
1 comment:
So, I read this on my mobile phone and I just laughed so hard. I didn't see the bookcase (since I was restricted to the treo's tiny resolution) until the whole story had unfolded. That has happened SO many times to us. Quiet=trouble, it is a universal law of parenting :).
Post a Comment